The Nelly Berman School is a premier music school on the Main Line specializing in the Russian method of music education. With an international faculty of over 30 teachers on piano, harpsichord, violin, viola, cello, flute, clarinet, trombone, tuba, trumpet, saxophone, and music theory, the school has grown from its initial size of 10 students in 1978 to over 350 currently.
We’re currently searching for an Administrative Assistant to work at the Nelly Berman School in Haverford, PA. Successful candidates will provide excellent customer service and must be self-motivated. The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and strong attention to detail is essential.
- Heavy scheduling for as many as 25 teachers, aided by a computer program;
- Managing calendar of appointments, lessons, and travel arrangements of Director together with the administrative director;
- Communicating with parents, students, and teachers over the phone, via email, and in person to resolve problems;
- Serve as the first point of contact to respond to inquiries and schedule new families and students with the director;
- Using a package program to enter, verify, and update data related to student registration, family and teacher schedules, and tuition billing;
- Preparation of deposits;
- Assist the administrative director in preparation of monthly payroll as needed;
- Using software to create concert programs;
- Provide additional support to Administrative Director as requested;
- Take dictation of notes and emails from Director;
- Drafting documents including correspondence, publicity, and other materials alongside Director
- Bachelor degree required
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Publisher
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills, both analytical and problem solving, and ability to work with confidential documents
- Strong editorial skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Positive and outgoing personality
- Knowledge of classical music a plus
- Must be able to work Monday to Friday, 12:00pm to 8:00pm, Saturdays 10:00am-2:00pm. Some extra hours will be needed for concerts, competitions, and other events.
$15 per hour starting salary. The Nelly Berman School of Music offers paid time off, a medical stipend, and business casual dress. Preferred start date of June 26, 2017.
To apply, please email your resume, cover letter and any references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.