Areas of Interest: Archiving, Social Media, Audience Engagement, and Development
Stephen Petronio Company, a highly regarded internationally renowned modern dance company, seeks a creative and forward-thinking candidate for an archiving and development internship to work on special projects in our East Village office. All applicants are expected to be independent, computer-literate workers who are passionate about the arts; prior experience in the dance field is not required but is a plus. Related educational or work experience is preferred.
Interns will have the unique opportunity to learn about the operations of a non-profit performing arts organization, working closely with a small staff in a flexible environment.
Benefits include complimentary tickets to Stephen Petronio Company performances, events, rehearsal visits, and school credit.
– Archiving analog and digital videos and photos (SPC archive spans 30 years)
– Assisting with the Bloodlines Room, a new platform documenting Stephen Petronio’s Bloodlines project
– Reviewing collection documentation
– Inventorying content
– Digitizing content for preservation
– Organizing collections
– Transcribing video footage
– Supporting Database Management
– Aiding Prospect and Donor Research
– Assist with social media and Bloodlines Room (Tumblr)
8-12 hours per week. 3-6 months.
– Eagerness to advance skills in non-profit development and archiving
– Computer literacy including MS Word and Excel
– Experience working in a professional organization
– Excellent writing, communications and interpersonal skills
– Self-starter with extreme attention to detail and organizational systems
– Ability to manage multiple projects independently
– Knowledge of and strong interest in dance, dance history, and art
The schedule and weekly hours are flexible.
Internships are unpaid and targeted towards those seeking academic credit or work experience in a fast-paced arts organization.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and availability to:
Sasha Okshteyn, email@example.com.
No phone calls, please.
The School of American Ballet, the preeminent ballet academy in the country and the official school of New York City...Apply For This Job
Operations Manager, School of Music The George Mason University School of Music within the College of Visual and Performing Arts...Apply For This Job
Independent film distribution company seeks full-time Office and Sales Manager. Applicant should possess the ability to administratively manage the daily...Apply For This Job
Art transforms lives. It provokes us to think, to express, to explore our own creativity, to envision new possibilities. SFMOMA...Apply For This Job