This is a part-time (20 hours per week) in-office position that reports to the Marketing Director. The Advertising Coordinator is responsible for the League of Chicago Theatres’ Cooperative Advertising Program, a service through which member theatres receive discounted affordable advertising options at major media outlets throughout Chicago. More than other positions, this position requires an ability to manage numerous tasks and deadlines simultaneously with a high attention to detail, all while maintaining excellent customer service. Weekly schedule will be set to best meet advertising deadlines – some hours every day Mon-Fri are required. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
– Coordinate member theatres’ advertising orders, place weekly insertion orders and contracts with media partners, and submit copy/artwork for each advertiser while meeting multiple space, copy, and payment deadlines.
– Answer advertising-related questions and, when requested, advise theatre administrators in how best to utilize their advertising dollars and present recommended plans.
– Facilitate communication between the media outlets and theatres, providing timely updates regarding deadlines, rates, new opportunities, and offers/incentives. Conduct regular outreach to potential advertisers and send newsletters with co-op updates, as well as other marketing news.
– Meet monthly sales goals.
– Provide consistent numbers in conversations and on all paperwork. Maintain accurate and organized internal co-op records for all theatres and media partners.
– Work with the Director of Operations to ensure all ad payments are received in a timely manner and recorded properly, and with the Marketing Director to identify new ways to increase sales and grow the co-op program.
– Ensure that the co-op products are current and the best value. In collaboration with the Marketing Director, negotiate discounted League co-op rates that theatres are not able to get on their own.
– Attend to various administrative tasks and errands as necessary.
– High attention to detail, exceptional organization, and ability to set priorities to meet deadlines
– Excellent customer service skills via email and phone
– A self-starter who resourcefully works to achieve goals
– Experience in or familiarity with advertising, marketing plans, and the Chicago media landscape
– Knowledge of Chicago theatre and a desire to advance the mission of the League
To apply, please email Laura@chicagoplays.com with your resume, cover letter, and at least two references by Friday, April 13, 2018. No phone calls please.
The Center for Photography at Woodstock (CPW) offers individuals of special talent unique hands-on training opportunities through an array of...Apply For This Job