The Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation is seeking an Application and Database Administrator. As a member of the Information Technology Department, the Application and Database Administrator is responsible for direct oversight of the management and support of all SRGF applications, as well as individual support of TMS (“The Museum System”) and Raiser’s Edge. The ideal candidate for this role possesses business intelligence, as well as a holistic approach to data and reporting. This position also comes with the unique opportunity to reimagine the applications function and structure as it exists within the organization.
This position oversees an Applications Analyst.
Plan and supervise the efforts of internal, technical staff, and vendors in the enhancement and ongoing support of existing applications.
o Develop strategic road maps for all applications, including evaluation of the benefits, risks, and infrastructure implications of new releases.
o Maintain the stability, scalability, security, integrity, and performance of all SRGF applications.
o Through close coordination with end user constituents, identify opportunities to leverage technology for furthering the foundation’s mission, including the implementation of new technologies, integrations, and system modifications.
o Promote an atmosphere that supports and develops a strong, customer service orientation and awareness of new technology developments within the group.
o Conduct requirements analysis/definition, request prioritization, and service level management with end user constituents.
o Oversee program change management for supported applications, including review and approval of testing approaches, plans, and results prior to production code migration.
o Supervise/conduct end user training for supported applications.
o Oversee, develop, and maintain comprehensive documentation for supported applications.
o Maintain a detailed understanding of the company’s various Database schema.
o Contribute to the adoption of best practices and creation of technical standards.
o Provide support to the department’s annual budget and projection processes.
o Contribute to adherence with ongoing audit/compliance requirements.
Direct support of The Museum System (TMS) application, including:
o Coordinate with NY and affiliate end user staff to thoroughly understand business requirements.
o Translate business requirements into functional data requirements.
o Analyze project functional data requirements, data relationships, and attributes, resulting in data flows, program structures, hardware needs, outputs, and other appropriate deliverables for the projects.
o Support the MS SQL server environments, as they relate to SRGF applications, including responsibility for database integrity, availability, and backups in a 24/7 environment.
o Perform report design, development, and deployment activities.
• Additional duties, as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
• BS in Computer Science or related discipline, with at least 5 years of software development experience.
• At least 3 years supervisory experience, including the day-to-day management of the activities of direct reports.
• Experience with Gallery System’s TMS (“The Museum System”) application and Raiser’s Edge is strongly preferred.
• DBA experience with MS SQL Server required.
• Background in estimating project timelines based on functional specifications.
• Experience in managing all stages of the project life cycle.
• Familiarity with developing Business Intelligence solutions using PowerBI, Crystal Reports or similar tools.
• Customer service centric, detail-oriented, and deadline driven.
• Ability to build strong relationships with end users team members.
• Solid verbal and written communications skills.
• Working knowledge of business analysis, workflow process, and data gathering techniques.
• The ability to effectively manage priorities.
• Exposure to strategic planning and budgeting processes desirable.
• Familiarity with any of the following applications desirable: Microsoft Dynamics GP, Outbound, Counterpoint, EMS Professional, ADP Payroll/H.R./Recruitment.
The Guggenheim offers a competitive salary and excellent medical, dental, life, disability, and retirement plan coverage. Our staff also enjoys generous vacation, sick leave and personal days, access to a variety of cultural institutions, discounts to museum stores, and a stimulating and collegial work environment.
Founded in 1937, the Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation is dedicated to promoting the understanding and appreciation of art, primarily of the modern and contemporary periods, through exhibitions, education programs, research initiatives, and publications. The Guggenheim network that began in the 1970s when the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, New York, was joined by the Peggy Guggenheim Collection, Venice, has since expanded to include the Guggenheim Museum Bilbao (opened 1997) and the Guggenheim Abu Dhabi (currently in development). Looking to the future, the Guggenheim Foundation continues to forge international collaborations that take contemporary art, architecture, and design beyond the walls of the museum. More information about the foundation can be found at guggenheim.org.
The Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
The Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation is seeking a Digital Marketing Manager. As a member of the Marketing Department, the Digital...Apply For This Job
Under the supervision of the Chief Curator, the Curatorial Assistant provides research and administrative support to the Chief Curator and...Apply For This Job