The Arts Admin Intern is a key staff member in Lookingglass’ Administration Office. The intern will be expected to work no more than 25 hours a week. Lookingglass is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit corporation that embodies core values of collaboration, transformation and invention. We are looking to fill this position immediately.
Responsibilities May Include:
• Assisting Andy White, Connectivity and Engagement Director, with tasks regarding audience design and engagement around upcoming productions.
• Assisting Phil Smith, Producing Director, by monitoring auditions, checking in guest artists, and maintaining performer records on behalf of the organization.
• Assisting Anne Walaszek, Artistic & Executive Assistant, with filing, office communication, and record-keeping.
• Assisting Caro Macon, New Works Associate, with reading new scripts and providing feedback, maintaining the Lookingglass New Works Library, and corresponding with outside requests
• Preparing correspondence on behalf of the organization to its constituents.
• General office duties supporting the Artistic wing.
• Other duties as needed.
Requirements of a Successful Candidate:
• Excellent communication and organization skills
• Interest in many areas of Arts Administration
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Google Drive
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task
• Strong desire to learn
• Interest in arts administration preferred
• High standard of professional conduct
• Sense of humor and flexibility is a must
Lookingglass is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Boston Youth Symphony Orchestras (BYSO) (Boston, MA) seeks a full-time General Manager. As a member of BYSO’s Senior Staff,...Apply For This Job
Security Attendants have the responsibility for ensuring that the experience of each renting client and theater patron is safe and pleasant,...Apply For This Job
This is a full-time position that provides managerial, administrative and clerical support to the Manager of Artists and Attractions. Essential...Apply For This Job
POSITION: Administrative Assistant DEPARTMENT: School of Music DESCRIPTION: Reports to the Assistant to the Director of the School of Music....Apply For This Job