Joshua Liner Gallery is offering a fall internship for college students and recent graduates. By greeting patrons and assisting with events held at the gallery, supporting the gallery owner and director prepare for art fairs, and by familiarizing oneself with ArtBase, the intern will have the opportunity to learn the essential day-to-day operations of a New York gallery. The opportunities presented in the internship are in direct proportion to your willingness to learn and work efficiently. Success will be rewarded with more challenging projects and responsibilities.
– Updating various gallery mailing lists and client lists
– Managing the gallery’s physical mailing lists
– Maintaining artist bios and cvs, both hard copy and digital
– Updating gallery website with artist press, artworks, and exhibitions involving basic InDesign and Photoshop work.
– Updating gallery inventory databases (ArtBase and Artsy)
– Assistance with social media
– Acting as first point of call at the gallery’s front desk, including answering phones and transferring calls to members of staff and providing information to patrons
– Assisting with preparation for art fairs
– Light art handling work, including assisting the registrar with offsite storage and installation of artworks
– Management of the Gallery’s artist archive
– Assistance at opening receptions
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS
This internship requires a commitment through to April, 2017. If you feel you cannot commit to this amount of time, please DO NOT apply. Intern candidates must possess a strong command of English, excellent communication skills, and strong writing skills. Joshua Liner Gallery is looking for interns who are able to work a minimum of two full days per week (seven hours per day), with a rotation of Saturday workdays.
This is an unpaid internship, however a stipend will be given for working overtime at receptions, a MetroCard to-and-from the gallery, as well as lunch. If you are studying, course credit can be arranged.
Winter/Spring: January–April, 2017
Gallery Hours: Tuesday–Saturday, 11AM–6PM
Good Afternoon ~ Film Independent is hiring for the following position. Interested candidates should send cover letter, resume, salary history...Apply For This Job
The Philadelphia Orchestra has distinguished itself as one of the leading orchestras in the world through over a century of...Apply For This Job
The Marciano Art Foundation is seeking a full-time Office Administrator and Assistant to the Director. The individual in this role...Apply For This Job
Greenspon Gallery seeks a motivated, detail-oriented intern to support and gain insight into gallery operations. The intern will be exposed...Apply For This Job
Independent film distribution company seeks full-time Office and Sales Manager. Applicant should possess the ability to administratively manage the daily...Apply For This Job