Full-time, year-round position. Some weekend/evening work as needed.
Assistant Director, Membership & Annual Fund reports to the Director of Development and is responsible for stewarding MAM’s approx. 3,500 household membership base, including strategy, design and implementation of short and long-range membership plans and the growth of low to mid-range individual giving ($1-$5,000).
Membership program management
o Manage and mentor Development Associate, Membership & Affiliate Programs
o Develop annual plans for stewardship, renewal, and upgrades for current members, with a focus on upper category members (capable of $165-$5,500 annually)
o Develop strategies to acquire new members, convert visitors and launch new programs to secure membership revenue
o Regularly evaluate effectiveness of current membership program and improve program effectiveness and efficiency
o Develop and manage the annual membership operating budget
o Generate reports to measure results of membership campaigns, and overall membership retention and growth
o Update Museum Membership lists and prepare reports on Annual Giving, Membership, Visitors, and Budget
o Work with Marketing and Communications department to implement promotions, partnerships, and communications (mail and e-coms) that promote membership experience and enhance visitor conversion
o Work with store manager and reception to optimize onsite acquisition efforts
o Design and implement the Museum’s plan for annual giving ($1-$5,000) including the writing, production and distribution for a fall direct mail appeal (year-end giving) followed by a second mailing in the spring
o Update the Annual Fund donor plaque and all related donor recognition, including the planning and implantation of an Annual Fund donor recognition event
o Increase annual fund giving from members
o Identify donors for major gift potential
o Develop the Annual Fund operating budget and monitor throughout the year
• 5+ years of Museum membership or other non-profit experience working with all levels of donors. Degree in Arts Administration, Art History, Museum Studies, and/or other liberal arts discipline preferred
• Familiarity with marketing principals are a plus; fundraising & organizing special events experience preferred
• Demonstrated ability to prepare written communications and attention to detail, excellent organizational skills are a high priority
• Proven ability to manage and mentor junior staff, and work both independently and collaboratively to achieve departmental and Museum-wide goals
• Team player with excellent interpersonal skills; ability to interact with people of all levels and backgrounds and pitch in when necessary
• Familiarity with PCs, Microsoft Office, & web-based communication platforms
• Experience in using fundraising software for prospect and contact management strongly preferred
• Occasional weekend/evening event work required
Interested candidates should send cover letter, résumé, and salary requirements, in PDF format only, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Montclair Art Museum is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. The company does not tolerate discrimination against any employee, and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all individuals without regard to race, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, nationality, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, sex, gender identity or expression, disability, liability for military service, affectional or sexual orientation, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information (including refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other basis made unlawful by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
The Boston Symphony Orchestra has a dynamic and challenging opportunity for an Assistant Artistic Administrator. In this key position, you...Apply For This Job
Independent film distribution company seeks full-time Office and Sales Manager. Applicant should possess the ability to administratively manage the daily...Apply For This Job
The Actor’s Workshop & Repertory Company (Actor’s Rep) is looking for an intern who loves the theatre and the performing...Apply For This Job
About Philanthropy Network Greater Philadelphia: Philanthropy Network Greater Philadelphia is the region’s only membership association exclusively serving the philanthropic community....Apply For This Job