The School of American Ballet, the preeminent ballet academy in the country and the official school of New York City Ballet, seeks a full-time Assistant to the Executive Director. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Assistant supports the daily administrative operations of the Executive Director’s office, including correspondence, scheduling and some key facilities oversight.
Key areas of responsibility include:
• Manage communications for Executive Director’s office, including scheduling, calendar management, expense tracking, and correspondence; respond to special requests from board members and other constituents.
• Manage Board of Directors, Executive Committee, and Governance Committee meetings, including scheduling, material preparation, meeting set up, notices and meeting minutes; coordinate Board Orientation materials.
• Liaise with all departments – Development; Finance; Student Life; Public Relations, Recruiting and Outreach; Artistic – around events, calendars, call lists and board meetings.
• Coordinate agendas, materials, and set up for weekly senior staff meetings; coordinate all-employee meetings, and other special staff and faculty events.
• Coordinate routine facilities requests and repairs for offices and studios; work closely with Lincoln Center Rose Building staff on work orders for events; oversee August maintenance projects.
• Other related tasks and projects as needed.
Hours are 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday. Occasional night and weekend hours may be required.
The ideal candidate will have these qualifications:
• 5+ years executive assistant experience
• Professional, calm and mature demeanor, with a positive attitude and sense of humor
• Ability to multi-task, take initiative, work independently, meet deadlines
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with great attention to detail
• Ability to interact effectively with diverse internal and external constituents, including board members, donors, faculty, staff, parents and students
• Strong Microsoft Office skills
• Strong commitment to the mission and goals of SAB
• Bachelor’s degree
The School of American Ballet is an equal opportunity employer. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
This is a full-time position that provides managerial, administrative and clerical support to the Manager of Artists and Attractions. Essential...Apply For This Job
Time period: May to August (flexible with academic year) The Theatre of Western Springs, a vibrant community theatre entering its...Apply For This Job
Jamel Gaines’ Creative Outlet Dance Theatre of Brooklyn is a world-renowned dance company dedicated to enriching our communities through artistic...Apply For This Job