Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• In conjunction with Production Manager, create and maintain annual budget for the ACTLab, including regular forecasting and reporting to ACT finance department.
• Once programming is confirmed, facilitate the needs of ACTLab Productions throughout the rehearsal, load-in, technical rehearsals, previews, run and strike/load-out of each production or event.
– Draft individual show budgets and contracts for Lab Partners.
– Develop tech and performance schedules for Lab Productions, with attention to ACT IATSE agreements and Actors Equity Association.
– In collaboration with the Stage Operations Supervisor, determine staffing needs for Lab Productions.
– Track Production costs. Complete settlement reports and invoices as needed.
– Attend tech rehearsals and previews to serve as a liaison between ACT and Partner Artists to maintain high quality productions and strong collaborations.
• Create and maintain ACT space layout calendar.
• Serve as the production department liaison to the development and marketing departments to facilitate production needs special events. Serve as Stage Manager for the ACT Gala.
• Maintain ACT Events Schedule, in coordination with Events and Venue Manager.
• Coordinate with the Facilities and Production Departments to keep the Bullitt Cabaret and Eulalie Scandiuzzi Space clean and maintained
• BA in theatre with emphasis is Theatre Production preferred, but will be waived based on commiserate experience.
• A minimum of 3 years experience in production management
• Strong knowledge and experience in theatrical and event production.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
• Experience creating and maintaining budgets.
• Excellent oral and written skills with the ability to work in a team environment in order to fulfill the artistic and production needs of each production.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to perform a wide variety of tasks and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
• Knowledge and experience working with unions (IATSE and AEA (LORT and SPT contract), SDC, and USA).
• Problem solving and ability to work independently within deadlines to successfully complete objectives with minimal guidance.
How to Apply
To apply: This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week. Resumes accepted through September 11. Position starts October 17. Please send a cover letter and resume to:
Alyssa Byer, Production Manager
Please include in the subject line: first and last name, as well as “Assistant Production Manager”
No phone calls or drop-ins, please
ACT is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in all aspects of its programming and organization. ACT is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and equitable environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities and women
Volunteer and Development Coordinator POSITION TITLE: Volunteer and Development Coordinator REPORTS TO: Special Events and Volunteer Manager STATUS: Full Time,...Apply For This Job
Time period: May to August (flexible with academic year) The Theatre of Western Springs, a vibrant community theatre entering its...Apply For This Job
The Boston Symphony Orchestra has a dynamic and challenging opportunity for an Assistant Artistic Administrator. In this key position, you...Apply For This Job