Public Art Fund, New York’s leading presenter of contemporary art projects in public spaces, seeks an Associate Curator to play a key role in the conception, development, and implementation of its artistic programs.
As the leader in its field, Public Art Fund (“PAF”) brings dynamic contemporary art to a broad audience in New York City and beyond by mounting ambitious free exhibitions of international scope and impact that offer the public powerful experiences with art and the urban environment.
The Associate Curator (Exhibitions & Public Programs) reports to the Director & Chief Curator. The Associate Curator works closely with curatorial colleagues, artists, project management team, and other PAF staff in the development, production, and installation of exhibitions and programs, including commissioned works.
• Formulate compelling exhibition proposals that are both conceptually strong and technically feasible.
• Execute all aspects of exhibition development and implementation at the highest professional standards, including research, writing, presentations, budgeting, and coordination with project managers.
• Work with the Director & Chief Curator on projects and exhibitions as needed.
• As a part of the Exhibitions team, work in partnership with marketing, development, and finance departments to ensure effective planning and communications.
• In consultation with the Director & Chief Curator, develop ideas for public programs and manage their implementation, including the ongoing lecture series PAF Talks at the New School.
• Generate concise and lucid texts for various applications, including interpretive signage, website, educational materials, catalogs and other publications, grant proposals, etc.
• Work on PAF consulting projects as needed.
• Develop effective working relationships with external PAF partners.
• Participate actively in development efforts, including donor cultivation, fundraising strategies, and special events.
• Maintain a high level of involvement in the art community and foster key relationships with artists, collectors, and curators.
Desired skills and qualifications
• M.A. in art history or equivalent.
• At least three years’ curatorial experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience in generating exhibitions and commissioning artists to make new work.
• Strong national and international network of artists and professional contacts.
• Experience dealing effectively with diverse groups, from patrons to partners to the general public.
• Imagination, creativity, initiative, and resourcefulness.
• Excellent organization; ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
• Flexibility, constructive attitude, and problem-solving approach.
• Ability to work collaboratively and as part of a team.
Salary commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits offered.
Please email cover letter, including salary requirements, and résumé as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate the job title “Associate Curator” in the subject line. No phone calls please. PAF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Boston Symphony Orchestra has a dynamic and challenging opportunity for an Assistant Artistic Administrator. In this key position, you...Apply For This Job
The Center for Photography at Woodstock (CPW) offers individuals of special talent unique hands-on training opportunities through an array of...Apply For This Job
The Philadelphia Orchestra has distinguished itself as one of the leading orchestras in the world through over a century of...Apply For This Job
About Philanthropy Network Greater Philadelphia: Philanthropy Network Greater Philadelphia is the region’s only membership association exclusively serving the philanthropic community....Apply For This Job