This position provides skilled setup, operation, and maintenance of theatrical equipment and systems for the Concerts and Lectures Department. This position is actively involved in setting up the stage, laying out cables, and operating all types of theater equipment for live presentations. This work takes place in the Museum’s Grace Rainey Rogers Auditorium and in the gallery spaces.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
• Setup and operate staging, sound, lights, and projection for events produced by the Concerts and Lectures Department, and events in the Grace Rainey Rogers Auditorium.
• Maintain equipment and facilities in the Grace Rainey Rogers Auditorium
• Recommend repairs and upgrades to theatrical equipment
• Communicate facility/stage/equipment status with Museum staff in preparation for events, as assigned (including but not limited to: carpentry, electrics, audio/sound, rigging, wardrobe, and motion picture equipment operation)
• Other related duties
Requirements and Qualifications:
Experience and Skills:
• 3 to 5 years experience working in event production
• Experience operating and maintaining theatrical staging, audio, lighting, video, and electrical systems
• Ability to work in a safe and efficient manner in a deadline driven environment
• Ability to read, understand, and execute work based upon technical drawings
• Basic skills in the use of construction equipment such as hand tools, soldering irons, rigging equipment, etc.
• Observe schedule, be sensitive to detail, maintain good attendance and punctuality
• Manual dexterity and ability to lift speakers, lights, props, etc.
Knowledge and Education:
• High School Diploma (required)
• Degree or certificate from film or live event production training program or commensurate experience
Please send cover letter, resume, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Audio Visual Specialist/Concerts and Lectures ” in the subject line.
General Description: The Membership Assistant for Onsite Sales and Service is the primary point of contact for members and visitors...Apply For This Job
A full-time position is available in the Education Department as the Coordinator of School and Educator Programs at the Whitney...Apply For This Job
The Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation is seeking a Digital Marketing Manager. As a member of the Marketing Department, the Digital...Apply For This Job
Please Touch Museum (the Children’s Museum of Philadelphia) is a non-profit organization seeks a Senior Director of Museum Experiences and...Apply For This Job