Artsy’s Collector Relations team seeks a full-time intern to support our growing marketplace and to provide outstanding customer experience worthy of art.
As a full-time intern you will be assisting our client support specialists in helping resolve a variety of issues for collectors worldwide, and proactively ensure that every interaction between collectors and Artsy partners on our marketplace is seamless and productive. Working in tandem with the team’s Customer Support Specialist, you will directly contribute to facilitating and registering a growing number of private sales happening via Artsy’s marketplace.
Artsy’s Collector Relations team is an agile team of three professionals, collectively responsible for reporting and maximizing the company’s private sales, providing outstanding collector support via email / phone and in person, as well as managing collector programs aimed at developing new collectors and growing existing collectors’ loyalty to the Artsy brand and marketplace. By seamlessly connecting and bridging the gap between private collectors, art enthusiasts and art market dealers, the Collector Relations team actively contributes to the company’s mission of making all the world’s art accessible to anyone with an Internet connection. Throughout your experience as the Collector Relations Intern, and by being agile, proactive and an outstanding communicator, you will have a unique opportunity to learn about the art market’s private sales, sales reporting and collector relations in the age of technology.
Expected responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
– Tracking and reporting private sales, directly contributing to one of the company’s key performance indicators
– Assisting our collectors and other Artsy teams with questions and concerns efficiently, strategically, and optimistically via email, Slack and phone
– Ensuring full resolution of all collector inquiries through effective inbox management and follow-through in all conversations.
– Proactively confirming that every inquiry placed by Artsy users is addressed punctually and professionally by Artsy staff and partners
– Keeping optimization top of mind, and strive to collect and present feedback and ideas for improvement to the rest of the Collector Relations team
You have impressive communication and interpersonal skills, demonstrate excellent reliability and time management, are a curious and proactive learner, and are tech-savvy. You are equally enthusiastic about tending to individual customer experience issues and administrative, repetitive tasks with great detail and empathy. Specific qualifications include:
– BA/BS or MA/MS degree in any field and any school
– Passion for or 0-2 years of experience in the art industry (preferably in the for profit sector)
– Strong fundamentals (quantitative and qualitative skills)
– Superb communication skills (writing and verbal)
– Amazing attention to detail
– Eagerness and enthusiasm about performing administrative skills that ensure Artsy is operating smoothly day-to-day
– Results- and improvement-oriented mentality
– Experience in customer support is desired but not required
Artsy’s mission is to make all the world’s art accessible to anyone with an Internet connection. We are a resource for art collecting and education.
Artsy features the world’s leading galleries, museum collections, foundations, artist estates, art fairs, and benefit auctions, all in one place. Our growing database of 400,000 images of art, architecture, and design by 50,000 artists spans historical, modern, and contemporary works, and includes the largest online database of contemporary art. Artsy is used by art lovers, museum-goers, patrons, collectors, students, and educators to discover, learn about, and collect art.
WORKING AT ARTSY
In addition to our vision of a world where art is as popular as music, Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
Art x Science: We believe in uniting empathy with logic, emotion with data, and intuition with research in everything we do. Whether in business strategy or design, culture or code, we seek the magic that happens when the often separate worlds of art and science come together.
People are Paramount: We spend extraordinary energy finding the best person for a job—and once found, we give them the trust and autonomy to be CEO of their role. We avoid pointless bureaucracy and prefer to empower people with information rather than limit them with process.
Quality Worthy of Art: We aim to create an experience worthy of all the world’s art and so hold ourselves to the highest standards in all our work. We believe that the best long term quality comes from rapid shipping, iterating, and learning as we go.
Positive Energy: We know positivity and optimism benefit our work, and we harness positive energy as a vehicle towards greater awareness, growth, and collaboration. We believe in cultivating a positive relationship to art as opposed to one based on exclusivity or scarcity.
Openness: We believe in being open with each other and the world—whether in open-sourcing our code, sharing feedback, or building a diverse and inclusive work culture. We believe in bringing our full selves to work and manifesting an open world where everyone has access to art.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.