A full-time position is available in the Education Department as the Coordinator of School and Educator Programs at the Whitney Museum.
Responsibilities for this position include:
– Organizing and coordinating all aspects of Guided Visit and Guided Visit + Studio Programs for Kindergarten through Twelfth Grade students.
– Organizing and coordinating 10 long-term School Partnerships with New York City schools.
– Hiring, training, oversight, and evaluation of freelance Museum Educators.
– Supervision of an assistant and interns.
– Leading inquiry based tours for students and teachers.
– Working with the Museum’s Group Services Department on the oversight and management of school group scheduling.
– Creating and managing budgets for current and future School and Educator programming.
– Coordination of all Educator Programs, including the development and implementation of Teacher Exchange, professional development workshops for partnership schools, Summer Institutes, Educator Exhibition Previews
– Development and management of online curricular materials such as Educator Guides.
– Maintaining statistics, records, and documentation of programs.
– Creation and implementation of substantive evaluation projects.
– Writing grants and grant reports.
– Meeting and communicating with foundations and donors.
– Contributing to the museum community through publications and conference presentations.
Requirements: B.A., M.A, preferred; background in art history, art education, and/or museum education; 3-5 years professional experience, including work with New York City K-12 students, teachers and administrators; strong organizational and communication skills; experience with program research and evaluation. Museum, administrative, and managerial experience are also required. Sound knowledge of educational and developmental theory as well as significant teaching experience. Flexible and will be able to work well as part of the School, Youth, and Family Programs team. Knowledge of contemporary art and artists’ practice is imperative. Position requires travel throughout NYC and extended hours for program implementation during the week and on weekends.
About the Whitney As the preeminent institution devoted to the art of the United States, the Whitney Museum of American Art presents the full range of twentieth-century and contemporary American art, with a special focus on works by living artists. Designed by architect Renzo Piano and situated between the High Line and the Hudson River, the Whitney’s new building vastly increases the Museum’s exhibition and programming space, providing the most expansive view ever of its unsurpassed collection of modern and contemporary American art.
If interested, please send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to: email@example.com and state “Coordinator, School & Educator Programs” in the subject line.
Tagged as: art administration, art education, artjob, arts management, arts marketing, artsups, business, digital marketing, education, fine art, jobinthearts, museum, new york, whitney
This Marketing Coordinator position is best suited for candidates looking to continue to grow within marketing, working intimately with experienced...Apply For This Job
Please Touch Museum (the Children’s Museum of Philadelphia) is a non-profit organization seeks a Senior Director of Museum Experiences and...Apply For This Job
Fine Arts Teaching Artist Assistant (Part Time) Fine Arts Teaching Artist Assistant (Part Time) The Children’s Museum of the Arts...Apply For This Job