Department: Art Design Film & Media
Reports to: Department Chair
Cornish College of the Arts is a Collective Bargaining institution. Our Faculty CBA can be found on our website and referenced for salary ranges. Teach a range of conceptual and applied studio courses from freshman to senior year. Teach some film history as well. Provide a critical voice in curriculum development and instruction within the Film program.
· Teach studio courses in conceptual and applied narrative film, from freshman to senior year, based upon applicant areas of expertise and needs of the program.
· Teach a range of film history courses following the curriculum.
· Participate in curriculum development, assess student learning, participate in department activities and campus-wide committees, and ongoing professional practice.
· Mentors and advises students.
· Contribute to College Governance and Service
· Film Department meetings
· Student mentorship and advising
· Mentorship of Instructors in the Film curriculum
· Collaborate with Department Chair
· College and department committees and service
· Film department recruitment and retention
· Maintain professional career
· Understand instructional technology, and, as needed, participate in training and development
· Engage in personal research such as creative practice, scholarship, research
· Demonstrated commitment to student-centered educational experience
· Demonstrated ability to work closely and effectively with a diverse student body, faculty, and staff
· Other duties as negotiated with the Department Chair
· MFA or Master’s degree in Film or related field
· Post-secondary teaching experience
· Professional Film experience
· Strong conceptual and theoretical approach
· Participant in contemporary filmmaking, especially regarding innovative narrative
· Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
· Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a department
· Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse campus
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit the following via email to email@example.com:
1) Cover Letter
2) Statement of your teaching philosophy (1 page)
3) Diversity Statement. We would like to know more about your experience with diversity and inclusion, race and equity, and social justice. Please tell us about your experience teaching, engaging and working with diverse communities. (1 page)
4) Current CV/Resume
5) Cornish College Employment Application
A full-time position is available in the Education Department as the Coordinator of School and Educator Programs at the Whitney...Apply For This Job
Fine Arts Teaching Artist Assistant (Part Time) Fine Arts Teaching Artist Assistant (Part Time) The Children’s Museum of the Arts...Apply For This Job
Good Afternoon ~ Film Independent is hiring for the following position. Interested candidates should send cover letter, resume, salary history...Apply For This Job