The Development Assistant will play a key role as part of a the development team at COT, providing fundraising support and furthering COT’s mission to engage curious audiences with new and rarely performed opera. The Development Assistant will support the day-to-day needs of the Development department as necessary, gaining valuable experience in several aspects of a non-profit arts organization. COT is a collaborative environment offering significant hands-on experience.
• Assist Director of Development with regular, ongoing development projects, including individual and institutional donor prospect research, preparation of meeting materials, and scheduling meetings.
• Assist in creating and executing all department mailings, including direct mail and donor acknowledgement letters.
• Process donations and assist with ongoing maintenance of PatronManager database.
• Participate as a team member for COT special events, particularly at opera performances, pre-opera offerings, special events, the annual Fundraising Gala and major company meetings as necessary.
• Serve as general administrative support to the department.
• Perform other job duties and clerical duties as assigned.
This position reports to the Director of Development. 20 hours/week, Monday – Friday during office hours. This position requires some additional offices hours as needed, and evening and weekend hours for performances and special events. Skills &
• Experience with donor management and/or customer service
• Availability to work within normal office hours (9:30 AM – 5:30 PM) as well as occasional required evening/weekend support
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Experience working with CRM databases preferred
• Must be able to lift boxes up to 25 lbs.
• Must be able to view reports
• Proficient in Excel and Word
Reports to: Director of Advertising & Sales Status: Non-Exempt Lyric Opera of Chicago exists to provide a broad, deep and...Apply For This Job
Position Description: The Chicago Humanities Festival Internship Program welcomes students and graduates to experience the creation and execution of public...Apply For This Job
The Boston Symphony Orchestra has a dynamic and challenging opportunity for an Assistant Artistic Administrator. In this key position, you...Apply For This Job
Position Description: The Director of Development and Communications (DoD) is a senior management level position reporting directly to the Executive...Apply For This Job
About Philanthropy Network Greater Philadelphia: Philanthropy Network Greater Philadelphia is the region’s only membership association exclusively serving the philanthropic community....Apply For This Job
Security Attendants have the responsibility for ensuring that the experience of each renting client and theater patron is safe and pleasant,...Apply For This Job