Lookingglass Theatre Company, recipient of the 2011 Tony Award for Outstanding Regional Theater, is a national leader in the creation and presentation of new, cutting-edge theatrical works and in sharing its ensemble-based theatrical techniques with Chicago-area students and teachers through a wide array of Education and Community Programs. The Lookingglass Development Associate is an administrative and database support position. This position reports to the Associate Director of Development.
Specific responsibilities include those listed below and others as assigned.
• Processing gifts, tracking contributions, and generating acknowledgment letters
• Processing and tracking all Development expenses
• Ensuring that donor information is accurate and up to date in the database (Total Info), on internal financial documents, in the Contributed Income Report, and in Footlights
• Reconciling the database’s revenue and expenses with the Business office on a monthly basis
• Working closely with the Business office to provide detail and support documents during the annual audit
• Planning and executing 3-4 Opening Night Gala events each season and supporting special “Meet the Artists” events as assigned by the Director of Development
• Supporting the Development colleagues’ research and prospecting activities through Wealth Engine and other research channels
• Supporting Development events like Board meetings and fundraising events such as the Company’s annual gala gglassquerade
• Hiring, training, and supervision of the Development interns
• Creating and editing correspondence as needed
• Maintaining relationships with corporate, foundation, and government supporters through logo approvals and events
• Other duties as assigned
Qualities for Successful Fulfillment of Job Description:
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel and experience with fundraising software required; Knowledge of Total Info fundraising software a plus
• Demonstrated ability to be detail oriented along with awareness of how the successful management of each task contributes to Lookingglass’ ability to fulfill its mission
• Desire and ability to work at Lookingglass, within the Development Department and with co-workers, along with a commitment to grow skills in planning, organization, and management as a member of a team
• Ability to multi-task within given deadlines
• Knowledge of basic accounting practices a plus
• Salary commensurate with experience includes a generous paid leave package and other benefits.
Please email a cover letter, salary history/requirements and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE
The Philadelphia Orchestra has distinguished itself as one of the leading orchestras in the world through over a century of...Apply For This Job