Brooklyn Arts Exchange is a community based performing arts center dedicated to developing artists of all ages from children to professionals. BAX Youth Education provides expert instruction in building technical skills in dance, tumbling, and theater with an emphasis on cultivating creative expression. Working with professional performing arts faculty, BAX students develop improvisation, composition and performance skills. BAX Youth Education, from classes to festivals, embody BAX’s overarching mission to provide the space and support for “artists-in-progress” to explore, hone, and share their unique voice. For more information about BAX’s Education Department, please visit www.youth.bax.org
Internship Position: The Youth Education Administrative Internship is a comprehensive 25-32 hours a week commitment. Candidates must be available to start in early-September or immediately after Labor Day and continue through at least February or March 31, 2017. Ideal candidates will be able to commit to the full 2016-2017 school year, ending June 17. This will be an exceptional opportunity for a young professional to learn about the inner-workings of a non-profit organization, community-based cultural center and arts education department. The intern will have an opportunity to participate in every facet of the department, from big picture program planning to hands-on support during events. This position is co-supervised by the Education Director and Education Manager.
Intern duties will include:
• Assisting the Education Department including the Education Director, Education Manager and Education/Admin Coordinator in all administrative tasks including class preparation and scheduling, festival and special event planning, school breaks program planning, community and family outreach, registration and database management;
• Serving as administrative coordinator for BAX’s Teen Arts Learners and Leaders (TALL) Council, including outreach, organizing workshops and special events and managing Council communication;
• Providing hands-on support during Youth Education special events and youth performances (specifically bi-annual student concerts and BAX Teen Arts Conference);
• Assisting BAX faculty, including set-up and breakdown of studio classes;
• Covering the front desk- reserving rehearsal space, answering phones, interfacing with constituents;
• Helping to maintain education spaces, supplies, costumes and props;
• Assisting in weekly After-School Pick Up program;
• Completion of an independent intern project in collaboration with supervisor(s).
• College graduate or graduate student with related major and/or keen interest in arts education and/or arts administration sectors. Previous work-experience in the performing arts a plus;
• Excellent writing and communication skills;
• Confident answering phones and using computers;
• Preferred candidates have experience with word, excel and web updating;
• Should be adaptable to a fast-paced working environment and comfortable multi-tasking;
• Confident and enjoy working with children;
• Self-motivated, good humored and organized.
25 hours/week minimum, up to 32 hours/week maximum
Weekly schedule will be confirmed with Education Director
Stipend Compensation: $1,900-$3000 range, depending internship duration and commitment of weekly hours.
Application Instructions / Public Contact Information
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line, “BAX Education Intern.” Your letter should specify your interest in the position, BAX as an organization and how this role aligns with your longtime career goals. Also outline any relevant experience and include your 2016-2017schedule availability. Interviews will take place in late-July and August. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Applications should be sent to Email only please. Given high volume of responses, only those applicants who will be invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls.
Position Description: The Chicago Humanities Festival Internship Program welcomes students and graduates to experience the creation and execution of public...Apply For This Job
Time period: May to August (flexible with academic year) The Theatre of Western Springs, a vibrant community theatre entering its...Apply For This Job
About Philanthropy Network Greater Philadelphia: Philanthropy Network Greater Philadelphia is the region’s only membership association exclusively serving the philanthropic community....Apply For This Job