Northlight Theatre in Skokie seeks a regular part-time Education Associate, working an average of 20 hours per week year-round. This position reports to the Director of Education and provides administrative support to the Director of Education and Education Department, including management of all Northlight education programs and Teaching Artists.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
General Education Programs
• Assist with development and marketing of all education programs including outreach to teachers, creating grant materials, maintaining website updates and managing marketing outreach
• Act as a liaison between Education, Marketing and Development departments
• Coordinate and assist in supervising and training all Teaching Artist staff
• Assist in the creation of Northlight’s Youth Council Program; coordinate and manage the program once established.
• Assist with development and collection of lesson planning and assessment materials of all education programs
• Assist Director of Education in all education department administration
• Assist in future planning for Education Department
• Manage budgets as assigned and provide reporting as requested
• Act as the point person for designing and publishing Audience Guides and Study Guides for all Northlight productions in coordination with Marketing and Dramaturgy departments
• Recruit new schools and maintain relationships with those who attend our student matinee series
• Oversee all contracts, payments, and coordination with schools relating to the student matinee series
• Act as on-site liaison for student matinee performances- including leading post-show discussions
• Oversee the scheduling of Teaching Artists and collect lesson plans and assessment for pre- and post-show workshops
At least 2+ years of experience as a Teaching Artist, Classroom Teacher or in arts administration implementing and creating arts programming at a professional cultural institution or school required. Prior supervisory experience and passion for working with youth required. Must have ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form with strong organizational skills and attention to detail, as well as the ability to work cooperatively with colleagues, parents, and staff. The position involves local travel so transportation is a plus.
Compensation will be an hourly rate commensurate with experience and prevailing compensation for similar positions within the non-profit performing arts industry. This position is eligible for benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance and paid time off.
Fine Arts Teaching Artist Assistant (Part Time) Fine Arts Teaching Artist Assistant (Part Time) The Children’s Museum of the Arts...Apply For This Job
The Center for Photography at Woodstock (CPW) offers individuals of special talent unique hands-on training opportunities through an array of...Apply For This Job