Looking for supremely qualified, driven individual to fill a soon-to-be-vacated position.
At least, one year as a gallery director or art gallery/museum experience required, and a must.
A strong professional record of managing all aspects of gallery exhibitions, a comprehensive and demonstrated knowledge of contemporary art expected.
Candidate must present a professional demeanor and appearance. Attention to detail is essential.
Our candidate will manage all administrative tasks and backend gallery operations to ensure that the gallery runs efficiently. Our candidate will be intuitive and upfront taking initiatives to formulate solutions.
Job requires organized thinking, and the ability to keep multiple different tasks running at once. Must adapt quickly to situations, and evaluate priorities.
Leadership, decision-making, interpersonal communication, planning and organizational skills are a must as well as strong written and oral communication skills.
Day-to-day, the job can range from fast-paced to languid. Be prepared for all responsibilities each new day brings.
– Managing day-to-day gallery administrative and logistics; as recording of invoices and expenses, inputting contacts to the email list, ordering monthly office supplies, and handling insurance.
– Managing event logistics; exhibitions layout, artwork shipping, installation, gallery interior maintenance, branding and publicity. Planning unique and innovative exhibition experiences
– Organizing, and maintaining existing collection, management of storage area on and various locations. Updating information across a variety of digital platforms.
– Representative spokesperson at the gallery, and correspondent over emails.
– Troubleshooting and problem solving for a wide variety of possible crises such as international artwork shipping to repair of damaged pieces. Maintaining good communication with client and artist, and paying attention to their needs.
Be proefficient/knowledged in platforms as followed:
Photoshop, Illustrator (a must)
Salary is based on experience
Application Instructions / Public Contact Information
The Boston Symphony Orchestra has a dynamic and challenging opportunity for an Assistant Artistic Administrator. In this key position, you...Apply For This Job
Jamel Gaines’ Creative Outlet Dance Theatre of Brooklyn is a world-renowned dance company dedicated to enriching our communities through artistic...Apply For This Job
Time period: May to August (flexible with academic year) The Theatre of Western Springs, a vibrant community theatre entering its...Apply For This Job
About Philanthropy Network Greater Philadelphia: Philanthropy Network Greater Philadelphia is the region’s only membership association exclusively serving the philanthropic community....Apply For This Job