Gagosian Shop is hiring a full-time Sales Associate.
Looking for a full-time, polished, energetic individual to join our Shop staff. We are looking for someone who can thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic art/retail environment. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, with excellent communication skills, loves to interact with the public and is a fast learner and has some art handling experience.
This sales position offers an opportunity to:
• Develop client relationships with collectors, VIPs, artists and
• Promote the books and art editions made by Gagosian artists.
• Handle and sell a curated selection of rare art books.
• Work closely with the shop Creative Director on all aspects of
• Be creative with shop arrangements and visuals.
• Build content and connections in social media platforms
promoting the shop.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Some art handling and hanging of framed works, patching and
• Opening and/or closing the shop and register
• Coordinating framing and shipping of shop items
• Ordering and maintaining inventory
• Customer Service, answering calls and emails for shop inquiries
• Handling all aspects of daily sales; cash, credit card transactions
• Some late nights for special events & openings will be necessary
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Proficiency with computers/Windows. Exceptional customer service skills and passion for the visual arts. Previous retail and gallery experience strongly preferred. Knowledge of photography a plus. Must be available to work some dedicated Holiday hours and have light art handling experience.
Full-Time/Regular/Non-Exempt/Salaried position with overtime.
Commensurate with experience, comprehensive benefits package including three weeks’ paid vacation.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Shop Sales Associate” in the subject line. No walk-ins or phone inquiries will be accepted for this or any position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, committed to ensuring that all current and prospective employees are afforded equal opportunities.
This is a full-time position that provides managerial, administrative and clerical support to the Manager of Artists and Attractions. Essential...Apply For This Job
Full-time, year-round position. Some weekend/evening work as needed. Assistant Director, Membership & Annual Fund reports to the Director of Development...Apply For This Job
Jamel Gaines’ Creative Outlet Dance Theatre of Brooklyn is a world-renowned dance company dedicated to enriching our communities through artistic...Apply For This Job
This is a part-time (20 hours per week) in-office position that reports to the Marketing Director. The Advertising Coordinator is...Apply For This Job