Gagosian Shop is hiring a full-time Sales Associate.
Looking for a full-time, polished, energetic individual to join our Shop staff. We are looking for someone who can thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic art/retail environment. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, with excellent communication skills, loves to interact with the public and is a fast learner and has some art handling experience.
This sales position offers an opportunity to:
• Develop client relationships with collectors, VIPs, artists and
• Promote the books and art editions made by Gagosian artists.
• Handle and sell a curated selection of rare art books.
• Work closely with the shop Creative Director on all aspects of
• Be creative with shop arrangements and visuals.
• Build content and connections in social media platforms
promoting the shop.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Some art handling and hanging of framed works, patching and
• Opening and/or closing the shop and register
• Coordinating framing and shipping of shop items
• Ordering and maintaining inventory
• Customer Service, answering calls and emails for shop inquiries
• Handling all aspects of daily sales; cash, credit card transactions
• Some late nights for special events & openings will be necessary
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Proficiency with computers/Windows. Exceptional customer service skills and passion for the visual arts. Previous retail and gallery experience strongly preferred. Knowledge of photography a plus. Must be available to work some dedicated Holiday hours and have light art handling experience.
Full-Time/Regular/Non-Exempt/Salaried position with overtime.
Commensurate with experience, comprehensive benefits package including three weeks’ paid vacation.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Shop Sales Associate” in the subject line. No walk-ins or phone inquiries will be accepted for this or any position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, committed to ensuring that all current and prospective employees are afforded equal opportunities.
About Philanthropy Network Greater Philadelphia: Philanthropy Network Greater Philadelphia is the region’s only membership association exclusively serving the philanthropic community....Apply For This Job
Operations Manager, School of Music The George Mason University School of Music within the College of Visual and Performing Arts...Apply For This Job
This is a full-time position that provides managerial, administrative and clerical support to the Manager of Artists and Attractions. Essential...Apply For This Job