Gagosian Shop is hiring a full-time Sales Associate.
Looking for a full-time, polished, energetic individual to join our Shop staff. We are looking for someone who can thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic art/retail environment. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, with excellent communication skills, loves to interact with the public and is a fast learner and has some art handling experience.
This sales position offers an opportunity to:
• Develop client relationships with collectors, VIPs, artists and
• Promote the books and art editions made by Gagosian artists.
• Handle and sell a curated selection of rare art books.
• Work closely with the shop Creative Director on all aspects of
• Be creative with shop arrangements and visuals.
• Build content and connections in social media platforms
promoting the shop.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Some art handling and hanging of framed works, patching and
• Opening and/or closing the shop and register
• Coordinating framing and shipping of shop items
• Ordering and maintaining inventory
• Customer Service, answering calls and emails for shop inquiries
• Handling all aspects of daily sales; cash, credit card transactions
• Some late nights for special events & openings will be necessary
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Proficiency with computers/Windows. Exceptional customer service skills and passion for the visual arts. Previous retail and gallery experience strongly preferred. Knowledge of photography a plus. Must be available to work some dedicated Holiday hours and have light art handling experience.
Full-Time/Regular/Non-Exempt/Salaried position with overtime.
Commensurate with experience, comprehensive benefits package including three weeks’ paid vacation.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Shop Sales Associate” in the subject line. No walk-ins or phone inquiries will be accepted for this or any position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, committed to ensuring that all current and prospective employees are afforded equal opportunities.
The Foundation is seeking a highly motivated assistant to support the day-to-day administrative and projects of the three Senior Staff...Apply For This Job
The Associated Artists of Pittsburgh (AAP) is the oldest, continuously-exhibiting, visual arts organization in the country. Founded in 1910, AAP...Apply For This Job
Cleveland Public Theatre (CPT) is seeking a Graphic Design Intern to perform design and layout of marketing materials to support...Apply For This Job
Marketing Coordinator $11.00-$13.00/hr D.O.E. Part-time 20/hr/wk The Arts Consortium is seeking a part-time Marketing Coordinator. The requirements and job description...Apply For This Job
OVERVIEW Capacity Interactive (CI), a digital marketing consulting firm with a focus on culture and the arts, offers internships throughout...Apply For This Job