Company Description: Heidi Duckler Dance Theatre (HDDT) creates innovative dance experiences in non-traditional places and provides learning opportunities in diverse neighborhoods, inviting audiences and artists to connect with one another in ways they have never experienced. Through cultivating innovative collaborations with artists, arts organizations and underserved communities, HDDT brings meaningful interdisciplinary dance to new audiences throughout Los Angeles and the world. HDDT is a nonprofit, site-specific dance performance company based in the fashion district of Downtown LA, founded in 1985.
Position Description: Reporting to the Artistic/Executive Director, the Engagement & Education Director will coordinate HDDT’s outreach and engagement initiatives, including its DuckED arts education programming. The ideal candidate will be a strong communicator and advocate for dance and arts education, able to work on sustaining and growing partnerships with local stakeholders.
· Coordinate and execute educational DuckED season, managing teaching artists, promoting and attending classes, performances, funder site-visits, and meetings with school officials as needed.
· Cultivate and maintain new and existing partnerships with teachers, schools, and community organizations; research new school sites, commissions, and residency opportunities for the company.
· In consultation with the Artistic/Executive Director and Associate Artistic Director, develop and train teaching artists on DuckED curricula.
· Recruit, schedule, supervise and provide leadership and mentorship to teaching artists.
· Develop each DuckED budget and ensure all sites remain on schedule and on budget. Conduct regular residency budget reporting to Artistic/Executive Director.
· Manage all DuckED contracts and invoices, including documentation, and manage documentation crew on-site.
· Research and manage grantwriting for DuckED programs, including supplemental grant materials, work samples and final reports, and assist in company fundraising as necessary.
· Assist the Programs Director in House Management at performances, special events and Salons as needed.
· Develop, distribute, and compile DuckED evaluations for teaching artists and students.
· Supervise marketing, outreach and administrative interns with support from the Programs Director.
· Ensure accountability and compliance with all company production policies among DuckED teaching artists, performing artists, and volunteers.
· Undergraduate and/or graduate degree in relevant area preferred
· A minimum of two years of administrative experience in the arts, education, outreach and/or at a non-profit preferred
· Excellent interpersonal oral and written communication skills; bilingual a plus
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines at once
· General office administration and computer skills, including but not limited to proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Drive applications
· Experience with OvationTix or other patron tracking software preferred
· Access to reliable transportation and ability to make site visits outside of the office, as well as attend HDDT productions and events on weekends/evenings
Compensation: commensurate with experience; this is a full-time position.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to HDDT’s Artistic Director Heidi Duckler at email@example.com. For any questions, please email or call 213-536-5820.
To learn more about Heidi Duckler Dance Theatre, please visit us online at: www.heididuckler.org.
The Philadelphia Orchestra has distinguished itself as one of the leading orchestras in the world through over a century of...Apply For This Job
Good Afternoon ~ Film Independent is hiring for the following position. Interested candidates should send cover letter, resume, salary history...Apply For This Job
OVERVIEW Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts (LCPA) serves three primary roles: presenter of artistic programming, national leader in arts...Apply For This Job