The Manager of Foundation and Government Relations will help to build institutional capacity by planning and executing all activities related to foundation and government fundraising. They will work closely with the Director of Institutional Advancement to play a role in maintaining a best practices department for Writers Theatre and advancing the company’s presence in the cultural and philanthropic communities.
With the Director of Institutional Advancement:
– Oversees annual foundation and government fundraising program of approximately $375,000 and related calendar, including meeting all proposal, correspondence and final reporting deadlines, and executing all related events and activities.
– Writes proposals and reports as assigned; compiles and submits all grant deliverables, including proposals, reports, interim correspondence and all related attachments and supplementary materials. Ensures timely delivery of all materials.
– Works with Finance and program staff in the creation of budgets for grant submission and reporting.
– Researches foundation and government grant guidelines to determine opportunities, requirements and timeline for submissions.
– Develops and maintains relationships with Foundation and Government contacts.
– Schedules, prepares for and participates in meetings and site visits with funders and prospects.
– Drafts and sends donor acknowledgements and pledge reminders for foundations and government agencies.
– Maintains paper and electronic files containing information on prospects and funders.
– Participates as a member of Advancement Department in planning and execution of special events as it relates to funders attending. Events include VIP Opening Night celebrations for productions, annual WordPlay fundraising Gala and other donor special events.
– Assists in preparation for and attends Board of Trustees meetings and Development Committee meetings.
– Other duties and participation in other committees as assigned.
The successful candidate will have three or more years of direct experience in foundation and government fundraising. They must possess superior organizational, multi-tasking and interpersonal skills. Strong management, initiative, follow-through and ability to set priorities are a must.
Specific knowledge: excellent written and communication skills; strategic thinking; attention to detail; ability to meet deadlines; ability to handle multiple priorities; working knowledge of financial statements; Word and Excel. Experience with Tessitura and an interest in theatre/the arts a plus.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. The range of benefits includes medical, dental insurance, and disability insurance, vacation and other paid leave, a 403(b) retirement plan, commuter transit plan, and medical and dependent care cafeteria plans.
Volunteer and Development Coordinator POSITION TITLE: Volunteer and Development Coordinator REPORTS TO: Special Events and Volunteer Manager STATUS: Full Time,...Apply For This Job
The Center for Photography at Woodstock (CPW) offers individuals of special talent unique hands-on training opportunities through an array of...Apply For This Job
Position Description: The Director of Development and Communications (DoD) is a senior management level position reporting directly to the Executive...Apply For This Job