At Hubbard Street Dance Chicago, we bring artists, art and audiences together to enrich, engage, and change lives through the experience of dance.
We are seeking an entrepreneurial and creative marketer to join Hubbard Street’s External Affairs Department. This key staff position for patron engagement blends high level strategic data analysis with the tactical execution of managing box office operations, sales reporting, as well as front-of-house management of staff for self-produced engagements, including but not limited to Harris Theater performance series. This patron-facing role manages group sales and telemarketing, provides internal database administration across departments, and manages external database services to maintain patron data. This team player provides support to External Affairs team on related projects as needed.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage box office operations for self-produced engagements, including event setup in Tessitura; manage maintenance of discount codes/offers on website, in print and online advertising, distributed through traditional and new media marketing campaigns; manage internal comp ticket policies and distribution.
• Provide front-line presence on phone for customer service and sales. Manage and implement messaging through one-to-one communication with patrons.
• Provide detailed daily and weekly sales reporting and analysis, react to sales trends, and develop pricing and marketing strategies to create demand.
• Work directly with Associate Director of Marketing and Communication to create and execute budgets and plans for ticket pricing. Provide strategy and implementation for demand pricing, and ticket inventory management.
• Manage all front-of-house staff for self-produced performances. Coordinate all scheduling, planning and execution of front-of-house needs.
• Field ticket donation requests, and assess cross-promotional opportunities and marketing partnerships.
• Work with Hubbard Street’s Youth, Education and Community Programs and the Lou Conte Dance Studio to set goals, best practices and standards regarding patron data. Lead efforts to further integrate legacy datasets with Tessitura and utilize all available reporting functions to provide data analytics for growth strategies, and to encourage multiple points of engagement among patrons.
• Hubbard Street gives preference to candidates who have demonstrable experience advocating for equity, diversity and inclusion.
• Minimum two years’ experience with Tessitura ticketing software is required.
• Knowledge of best practices in ticketing and patron services.
• Excellent organizational and customer service skills.
• Ability to meet deadlines and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to handle detailed financial work accurately.
• Proficient with Excel including ability to create basic formulas and use statistics and charts to provide data analysis.
• Proficient with Microsoft Word.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher or comparable work experience required.
Please send cover letter (including salary requirements) and resume firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business Friday,September 16, 2016. Please include in the subject line of your email. No phone calls, please.
Hubbard Street Dance Chicago is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in all areas of the organization’s work.
The Philadelphia Orchestra has distinguished itself as one of the leading orchestras in the world through over a century of...Apply For This Job
Position Description: The Director of Development and Communications (DoD) is a senior management level position reporting directly to the Executive...Apply For This Job
The Actors Fund, a nationwide human services organization that helps all professionals in performing arts and entertainment, seeks a Career...Apply For This Job
Job Title Project Manager- Cirque Du Soleil Job Type Contract/Temporary Career Level Experienced (Non-Manager) Category Marketing Education High School or...Apply For This Job