The Managing Director plays an integral role in the development and execution of the organization’s strategic plan in addition to day-to-day operations including financials, development, marketing, front of house, access programming, and production.
This position reports to the Board of Directors, and works alongside the Artistic Vision Committee (AVC).
Responsibilities and Objectives
– Create a welcoming and inclusive environment for all staff, artists, and patrons
– Participate in strategic planning. Work with staff and board to translate the vision and strategic plan into achievable steps. Actively promote the mission, vision, and values of Strawdog Theatre.
– Oversee all staff positions
– Act as supervisor for all internship positions
– Assist in all elements of securing a new home, office space, shop space, rehearsal space, performance space
– Act as Ex-Officio Board Member
– Works with the AVC to create an annual budget
– Manage all accounts receivables/payables
– Monthly reporting to the Board of Directors
– Assist accountant to prepare and file taxes
– Works with all staff to strategize all fundraising activities including annual campaigns, special events, individual and corporate donors, and grants.
– Manage marketing calendar
– Order all marketing materials
– Assist in planning and executing marketing campaigns for all productions
– Coordinate press photos, B-Roll, archive photos and video
– Manage all box office: create series in Ovationtix, create and manage discount offers, manage single tickets, group sales, and subscriptions.
– Hire and train all FOH staff
– Create and maintain FOH manuals for all positions
– Attend all production meetings, bonus reads, 1st rehearsals, designer runs, tech and previews, strike.
– Create production calendars
– Hire and assist with all access service personnel
– Maintain relationships with access patrons
– Execute marketing for access services
Qualities for Successful Fulfillment of Job Description:
Strawdog Theatre Company seeks an innovative, entrepreneurial and passionate leader. The candidate will be self-motivated and works well in both individual and group settings. The candidate should also manage the Will be a good manager of responsibilities and expectations of the Board of the Directors and Administrative staff.
– Detailed knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook)
– Outstanding verbal and written communication skills are required.
– Experience in a not-for-profit organization, particularly an arts organization, strongly preferred.
– Along with a commitment to work nights and weekends when required by Strawdog’s programming and meeting schedule, the ability to work independently and as part of a team, anticipating challenges and managing multiple projects simultaneously.
– High level of professional demeanor and utmost sensitivity with confidential information
Strawdog Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
This is a part-time (20 hours per week) in-office position that reports to the Marketing Director. The Advertising Coordinator is...Apply For This Job
Position Description: The Chicago Humanities Festival Internship Program welcomes students and graduates to experience the creation and execution of public...Apply For This Job