Status: Part-time, 15-20 hours a week, unpaid, reimbursement for monthly unlimited Metrocard.
Start Date: ASAP
The New York Foundation for the Arts (NYFA) is looking for a part-time Marketing and Communications Intern reporting to the Director of Communications. A minimum of a three month assignment is expected. Academic credit is encouraged and can be arranged with intern’s college and university. Applicants should be strong writers, digitally savvy, comfortable with social media tools, and passionate about NYFA’s mission of supporting artists.
Goals of internship:
– Learn best practices for nonprofit communications and marketing,
– Write copy for NYFA’s website, including the potential to write artist interviews and business of art articles, to help intern build his/her communications portfolio,
– Learn and gain experience using several online tools necessary for a career in communications, including basic HTML, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, Google Analytics, Tumblr, Storify, among others.
Responsibilities will vary, but will include:
– Updating NYFA’s website, including helping to create new pages for programs,
– Write blog posts about NYFA-affiliated artists NYFA programs,
– Research prospects for NYFA’s online resources for artists,
– Add and update listings on NYFA Source, a free database of opportunities for artists,
– Record NYFA press mentions,
– Help conduct outreach to artists and organizations for NYFA’s programs,
– Review NYFA’s archive of artist conversations and business or art articles, suggest updates, and contribute new content.
– Academic or professional experience with marketing, research, writing, and editing preferred,
– Creative self-starter who is comfortable with both taking initiative and working in collaboration,
– Active interest in artist resources, contemporary art, and artists in all disciplines including visual, performance, and literary,
– Detail-oriented and strong written and verbal communications skills,
– Experience with Microsoft Office required; some HTML and Photoshop experience a plus; Knowledge of Web-based applications and/or have the ability to learn new applications quickly,
– Comfortable working in a dog-friendly office.
NYFA was founded in 1971 to empower artists at critical stages in their creative lives. Each year we award $650,000 in cash grants to individual artists in all artistic disciplines. Our fiscal sponsorship program is one of the oldest and most reputable in the country and helps artists and organizations raise and manage an average of $4 million annually. Our Learning programs provide thousands of artists with professional development training and support, and our website, NYFA.org, received over 1.2 million visitors last year and has information about more than 12,000 opportunities and resources available to artists in all disciplines.
Application Instructions / Public Contact Information
Please email cover letter and resume to Maria Villafranca at email@example.com with “Marketing and Communications Intern” in the subject line. Please explain in the cover letter what you hope to gain from the internship.
The New York Foundation for the Arts (NYFA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women, people of color, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NYFA’s offices are accessible.
The Marketing Associate is an entry level position responsible for assisting the Marketing Department in reaching its budgeted revenue and...Apply For This Job
BAM (Brooklyn Academy of Music) is a multi-disciplinary arts center located in Brooklyn, New York. For more than 150 years,...Apply For This Job
We are seeking an experienced Marketing Coordinator to work from the gallery with our international team of marketers and clients....Apply For This Job
Full time, salaried position to coordinate digital marketing. The Marketing Technology Assistant will work with the Pittsburgh Cultural Trust’s Marketing...Apply For This Job
We seek a Director of Digital Content & Engagement, who is the primary content manager for Carnegie Hall’s website, social...Apply For This Job