Reports to: Director of Advertising & Sales Status: Non-Exempt Lyric Opera of Chicago exists to provide a broad, deep and relevant cultural service to the Chicago region and the nation, and to advance the development of the art form of opera. We are searching for a Marketing Associate, Special Programs to coordinate Lyric Opera’s special ticket program initiatives including our college ticket program (NEXT), young professional ticket programs (Encore and LYP Medley Series), educational ticket program (DEAL), community partners ticket program (Lyric Express), and Opera Bus program. In addition to providing sales support for these specific initiatives, this position provides liaison marketing support to Lyric’s Ryan Opera Center and Facilities/ Presentation and Events divisions, as well as general marketing department support as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Ensure market share growth for Lyric’s NEXT, Encore, DEAL, LYP Medley Series, Lyric Express, and Opera Bus ticket selling programs, by creating and executing the marketing plan to include: o developing growth strategies for each program o identifying partnerships and promotions to advance each program o researching the Chicagoland area to identify opportunities for new and underserved communities to attend Lyric Opera performances o identifying barriers to attendance for each group (i.e. ticket cost, familiarity with opera, transportation, cultural/language issues) and creating a strategy to assist in diminishing these barriers
● Write, layout, and execute sales emails in our emarketing system to support sales for each of the above programs.
● Spearhead the creation of collateral materials, including print, digital, and grassroots contact methods, with appropriate messaging for target audiences.
● Maintain close watch on sales to ensure the appropriate marketing of inventory and adjusting plan as necessary to reflect sales strategy.
● Monitor and adhere to the budget as it relates to individual programs.
● Create an effective system for tracking and reporting on prospects and cultivation.
● Act as Lyric representative on the Lyric Opera Bus, approximately 10 times per year, roundtrip from Northbrook Court to Lyric.
● Act as a Lyric Opera representative with a wide audience of potential partners in the community (e.g., music school administrators, universities, church leaders, community organizers, affinity groups, young professionals, and other cultural and niche groups).
GENERAL MARKETING SUPPORT
● Serve as Marketing Liaison to the Ryan Opera Center
o Coordinate the creation of collateral materials, including print and digital
o E-marketing support for Ryan Opera Center events and auditions o Ticketing support for Ryan Opera Center events, including coordination of promotional codes
● Serve as Marketing Liaison to the Facilities and Presentations & Events Departments
o Coordinate creation of collateral materials, including print and digital, to support dining and venue rentals
o E-marketing and web presence support
● Provide administrative support for select additional marketing programs.
● Hire and oversee interns for the Marketing and Public Relations departments
● Perform other related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
● Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Marketing, Business or equivalent experience and at least 2 years of marketing experience.
● Working knowledge of and comfort working with:
o Microsoft suite of products
o CRM expertise (Tessitura a strong plus)
o Wordfly, Mail2, or other email software
o Project management principles
o Sales pipeline management
● Excellent communication skills with the ability to negotiate effective partnerships
● Demonstrated listening skills to identify the unique needs and interests of individual organizations and groups
● Strong bias for results
● Ability to work and think independently, a motivated self-starter who also works well in a larger team.
● A highly-motivated self-starter with attention to detail
● A professional demeanor as a community representative of Lyric Opera
● Ability to occasionally oversee evening or weekend functions, deployments or performances.
● Sitting for extended periods of time.
● Ability to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other office equipment.
Volunteer and Development Coordinator POSITION TITLE: Volunteer and Development Coordinator REPORTS TO: Special Events and Volunteer Manager STATUS: Full Time,...Apply For This Job
Full time, salaried position to coordinate digital marketing. The Marketing Technology Assistant will work with the Pittsburgh Cultural Trust’s Marketing...Apply For This Job
HEIDI DUCKLER DANCE THEATRE seeks a part-time OPPORTUNITIES ASSOCIATE Company: Heidi Duckler Dance Theatre Position: Opportunities Associate Position Description: Working closely with...Apply For This Job
Job Title Project Manager- Cirque Du Soleil Job Type Contract/Temporary Career Level Experienced (Non-Manager) Category Marketing Education High School or...Apply For This Job