The NYYS is seeking a Marketing Manager to join its full-time staff of five. Reporting to the Executive Director, the successful candidate will be a creative thinker with excellent communication and design skills, a self-initiating, professional temperament, and 3-5 years of experience in marketing and/or public relations. This position is responsible for creation and implementation of the marketing plan, including design of marketing pieces, social media accounts, ticketing, public relations, website, and the mobile app.
The New York Youth Symphony (NYYS) is one of the most awarded youth programs in the nation, recognized for its innovative, tuition-free educational programs for talented young musicians. Founded in 1963 as an orchestra to showcase the metropolitan area’s most gifted musicians ages 12-22, its activities have since grown to encompass programs in chamber music, conducting, composition, and jazz, with performances at world class venues including Carnegie Hall and Jazz at Lincoln Center. Through its commissioning program, First Music, the NYYS has commissioned over 150 works from young composers since 1984.
* Designs and implements marketing/advertising plan for the season
* Designs and implements e-marketing strategies, including the mobile app, website, and social media accounts on Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat accounts
* Oversees ticketing for all NYYS concerts, including direct sales of orchestra subscriptions and coordination with performance venues including Carnegie Hall, Jazz at Lincoln Center, and Symphony Space
* Designs select printed marketing materials, including season brochure, newsletters, posters, postcards, etc.
* Writes and distributes press releases to media outlets
* Creates and markets advertising opportunities
* Maintains and develops relationships with community partners
* Hires and supervises intern(s)
* Bachelor’s degree in communications, business or arts management preferred
* 3 or more years within non-profit or related positions
* Excellent collaborative and leadership skills
* Excellent written and oral communications skills
* Experience and expertise with InDesign, Photoshop, and email marketing systems required
* Experience with Salesforce preferred
* Experience with social media tools/emerging media and media distribution/tracking databases
* Preferred qualities: A creative thinker, team player, positive attitude, consumer oriented personality, highly organized with meticulous attention to detail
* Knowledge of classical music and/or jazz is desirable, but not required
Salary: Commensurate with experience. Includes full benefit package.
Application Instructions / Public Contact Information
Send a cover letter, resume, two writing and design samples to firstname.lastname@example.org
Annual Giving & Special Events Manager Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra Los Angeles, CA Scope & Responsibilities The Annual Giving &...Apply For This Job
The Boston Symphony Orchestra has a dynamic and challenging opportunity for an Assistant Artistic Administrator. In this key position, you...Apply For This Job
We are seeking an experienced Marketing Coordinator to work from the gallery with our international team of marketers and clients....Apply For This Job
We seek a Director of Digital Content & Engagement, who is the primary content manager for Carnegie Hall’s website, social...Apply For This Job
Position Description: The Director of Development and Communications (DoD) is a senior management level position reporting directly to the Executive...Apply For This Job