Unison Media, based in New York City, is an integrated music company with a new vision of how classical music, opera and the performing arts can be promoted and marketed. Our work ranges from publicity and branding to websites, social media and digital marketing. We also run a concert series (The Crypt Sessions) in a Crypt in Harlem that has been featured everywhere from The New York Times to NPR to Fox 5 News. We work with a broad range of incredible artists, ensembles and organizations, and we have a great time doing it.
Unison is looking to hire a Marketing & Media Manager to oversee our social media and digital marketing initiatives, which includes running client social media and digital marketing accounts, website building, copy writing, and more. The role will work very closely with the publicity side, particularly around copy-writing and creation of photo and video assets. And you’ll help run our Crypt Sessions concert series.
To apply, please submit a brief but awesome cover letter, plus your finest resumé.
– Manage and grow all aspects of internal and client social media and digital marketing
– Write copy for press releases, email blasts, social media posts and more
– Organize creation and dissemination of client assets, including photos, videos and more.
– Oversee Unison’s website development wing
– Manage coordinator and independent contractors, recruit and oversee interns
– Help plan and execute Unison’s Crypt Sessions concert series
– Education & Experience – Bachelor’s degree plus minimum three years of relevant experience
– Social Media fluency – the interwebs should fascinate you, and the power of social media should be something that inspires and energizes you (beyond just funny GIFs and cat photos)
– Website-building experience – ideally you’ve had experience building websites, and maybe even have some CSS/HTML coding under your belt
– Insanely great written and verbal communication skills – it should be a giddy pleasure to interact with you
– You should love all forms of writing – from a social media post to a press release and everything in between
– Laser-like attention to detail – you should be that person who catches the little things that other people miss
– Borderline-obsessive organization – do you like things to be in their proper place? Do you enjoy checking tasks off of your to do list? Does the word “workflow” perk your ears? Good.
– Management experience – you’ll manage one staff member, as well as interns and independent contractors, so you need to know how to work with and motivate people
– Ability to multi-task – you’re going to be juggling a lot of balls at the same time, and you need to be comfortable staying on top of everything and keeping several different in your mind all at once
– Adaptability, and a desire to learn new skills – we wear a lot of hats, and they’re all awesome. But you need to be confident in your abilities to adapt on the fly, thinking outside of the box to problem-solve in the moment. If you just like to have a set of tasks and do them over and over again, this is not the place for you
– Tech-savvy – we’re cutting-edge and you should be too, a familiarity with all things digital and media-oriented are a must, or you should at least be a quick study
– A flexible schedule – you’ll need to be willing to work the occasional night or weekend, and of course attend concerts for our clients
– A passion for classical music and general aesthetics – we work to bring beauty to a world that desperately needs it, so if that doesn’t excite you then you’re in the wrong place
This is a full-time position with salary and benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Application Instructions / Public Contact Information
Send a resumé, cover letter, and writing samples of 1) 3 of your favorite social media posts you’ve done, 2) a piece of formal writing you’re proud of and 3) a piece of informal writing you’re proud of
The Digital Marketing & Communications Assistant will be responsible for assisting with the design and implementation of an organization-wide digital...Apply For This Job
Drury Lane Theatre’s Marketing internship is designed for an early-career, aspiring arts marketer or a recently-graduated marketing student who is...Apply For This Job
We are seeking an experienced Marketing Coordinator to work from the gallery with our international team of marketers and clients....Apply For This Job