Survey of MUSIC performances (80%)
• Travel the MTA system to MUSIC locations and survey MUSIC performances. There are 30 designated MUSIC locations within the system. Although performances are most frequent during rush hour periods, off-peak hour monitoring is also important.
• Document and prepare short condition reports based on survey findings. The report will document a variety of elements relating to the MUSIC performances, such as the number of performers, set up, activities, sound of performance, etc. Input and process the reports into a collective database report.
• Provide other assistance for MUSIC offices at MUSIC locations as needed by MUSIC offices.
• Send summary and reports to MUSIC office. Meet with MUSIC offices to discuss the overall findings and answer any questions and coordinate the schedule for the next survey sites.
Maintenance of MUSIC Archive (20%)
• Participate in the construction and maintenance of MUSIC archive, documenting the MUSIC program.
• Organize and collect information (both digitally and file copies) to build, update and document the MUSIC archives to include sorting, scanning, printing, internet research, etc.
Required Qualifications (education, skills, experience):
• Excellent research, data collection and report writing capabilities
• Strong interpersonal communications skills, both oral and written
• Self-starter, able to prioritize work, and willing to get dirty on occasion
• PC proficiency
Majors in music, music administration, arts administration. Graduate Studies, a plus.
If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Internship 2016” in the subject line.
The Boston Symphony Orchestra has a dynamic and challenging opportunity for an Assistant Artistic Administrator. In this key position, you...Apply For This Job
Operations Manager, School of Music The George Mason University School of Music within the College of Visual and Performing Arts...Apply For This Job