The Director of Administration and Finance is responsible for advancing the organization’s mission by planning and orchestrating the complex day-to-day administration of the organization. This new position serves to enhance the artistic and programmatic vision of the organization with operational, financial, and human resources support. We are looking for an experienced professional to maximize and strengthen the internal capacity of an organization that has been growing at a rapid pace over the last seven years.
NOTE: Although the position will start off at 30 hrs per week, we hope to make it a full-time position in January 2018.
Primary Job Duty
Responsible for all bookkeeping, recordkeeping, accounting activities, and human resources administration.
1) Create financial reports in a timely and accurate manner
2) Prepare for annual audit
3) Assist the Executive Director with payroll
4) Assess the financial impact of program operations and establish administrative systems to support program operations
5) Maintain internal controls and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, program budgets, and expenditures
6) Assist in the annual budgeting and planning process
7) Administer and review all financial plans and compare to actual results; identify, explain, and correct variances as appropriate
8) Ensure that expenditures are consistently aligned with grant and program budgets throughout the grant/funding period
9) Oversees strategies to increase earned revenue and build the organization’s balance sheet and overall financial health
10) Maintain excellent relationship with vendors, conduct outreach, and resolve issues when necessary
11) Promote organizational cohesiveness during growth by cultivating an environment of cooperation and communication amongst the staff
12) Coordinate long-term organizational planning and ensure efficient and consistent operations as the organization scales
13) Software research and implementation (as needed)
14) Program data compilation and analysis
15) Creating supplemental materials for grant requirements
16) Evaluate and strengthen human resource policies, practices, and procedures
17) Review contracts in consultation with a pro bono legal team
• QuickBooks experience
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office
• Excellent writing & communication skills
• Experience with nonprofit accounting and auditing procedures
• Demonstrated skills in budgeting, financial planning, and analysis
• Prior experience with performing arts administration preferred
• Prior involvement with capital projects a plus
• Bachelor’s degree is required with a major in Accounting, Business or Arts Management preferred. Interest in theatre is a must.
We’re Looking for an Individual Who…
• Can think strategically and guide an organization that has grown rapidly and is positioned for continued expansion
• Is disciplined and decisive, yet willing to listen to and account for a diversity of opinions and approaches
• Can multitask and wear many hats in a fast-paced environment
• Has a successful track record of setting priorities and solving problems with sound decision making
• Possesses excellent communication and relationship building skills
• Consistently exhibits integrity, dedication, determination, positivity, and warmth
Salary is negotiable. Current benefits are limited to flexible paid time off. Health insurance and/or retirement plan options could available in the next year.
Interested applicants should email resume and brief email introduction to Michael Miro, Executive Director (firstname.lastname@example.org).
About Mudlark Theater
Mudlark Theater is a not-for-profit organization where children are taken seriously as artists, and learn theater by making it. As a rule, the general public expects little of children’s theater. Mudlark’s goal is to raise that expectation and keep it there. By holding children to a higher standard and empowering them to make strong artistic choices, we create the possibility for great theater—vibrant, funny, compelling work that erases the boundary between youth and professional theater.
The Philadelphia Orchestra has distinguished itself as one of the leading orchestras in the world through over a century of...Apply For This Job
This is a full-time position that provides managerial, administrative and clerical support to the Manager of Artists and Attractions. Essential...Apply For This Job