Chicago Children’s Theatre seeks a talented, passionate, and committed team player for our Production Manager
position. This crucial staff position will lead all aspects of CCT’s Production Department. The Production Manager
will oversee all of CCT’s main stage and second stage shows, presented touring shows, the Red Kite Project, and
will provide support for the Education Department’s camp and class productions. Other tasks will include assisting
in the planning of future seasons, supporting CCT events, and providing support to other members of the
Administrative staff. Position reports to the Artistic Director.
Job Duties Include:
• Prepare and manage budgets for productions and general operations, including payroll of the production
• Season Schedule, Load In, Tech, Load Out Calendar creation and management.
• Hiring and contracting all creative and production staff by show and season. This includes the ability to
understand and execute contracts for USAA, SDC, and AEA.
• Directly supervise 2 part-time staff members and 4 seasonal department supervisors.
• Oversee the acquisitions, installations, operations, and maintenance of all production elements.
• Schedule and run all production meetings.
• Schedule crew and over-hire labor for load-ins, notes, strikes, and load-outs.
• Tool operation and OSHA compliance.
• Driving vehicles (including cargo vans and trucks) to transport production equipment.
• Manage and maintain production inventory and supplies.
• Maintenance and organization of CCT storage and warehouse.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree highly preferred.
• 3 – 5 years of production management experience in a professional theater setting with additional
experience in Tech Direction, Stage Management, or Design.
• Proficiency in computer technology and programs, including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite,
Drafting Programs, and Adobe Suite.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
• Must be able to climb a ladder.
• Time Management of one’s own time and the time of others.
• Critical Thinking skills; using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative
solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Ability to maintain a clean and safe work environment.
• The ideal candidate will be flexible, creative, possess an excellent sense of humor, and be fun to be around.
Candidates should have a positive and cooperative attitude.
Compensation & Hours:
• Standard office hours are Monday – Friday from 9am – 5pm
• Load-In/Tech Week hours will include nights and weekends
• Competitive salary and benefits
Time period: May to August (flexible with academic year) The Theatre of Western Springs, a vibrant community theatre entering its...Apply For This Job
Security Attendants have the responsibility for ensuring that the experience of each renting client and theater patron is safe and pleasant,...Apply For This Job