Fractured Atlas is seeking a full-time Program Associate for its expanding team. We have over 50,000 artists in our membership nationwide who come to us daily for guidance, assistance and support. This position will provide administrative support for our Fiscal Sponsorship program, and is an entry-level position that involves a great deal of front-line customer service.
The successful candidate will be incredibly personable, have a cheerful disposition, a sense of humor, possess an incredible amount of patience (particularly as it relates to explaining the same information multiple times), and be able to operate and respond in a rapid-fire environment while remaining calm and collected. Candidates with a work history that includes retail or service positions where they provided stellar service in high-pressure, high-volume environments will likely excel.
The successful candidate will be someone who thrives in Fractured Atlas’s “work hard, live well” environment. Our organizational culture embraces people who:
* Seek out challenging problems and relish opportunities to venture into unexplored territory.
* Are entrepreneurial and comfortable with high-risk, high-impact efforts.
* Are agile, creative problem solvers with an unsentimental focus on concrete results.
* Invest their time in quality work and giving others their respect and support.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Front-line customer service for the Fiscal Sponsorship program: Educate members about fundraising in the arts, Field general requests for information related to fiscal sponsorship, Assist in investigating and remedying member concerns and complaints, Process donations and fund release checks, Review solicitation materials, Contribute educational content to the newsletter and blog.
* Assist with outreach events in the NYC area for programs and advocacy efforts and carry out special projects as they arise.
* Assist Program Director with program development, expansion and technical enhancements.
* First-hand experience working in an artistic discipline is strongly preferred,
* You must be comfortable on the phone, working in a fast-paced environment, and able to adapt to frequent, rapid changes,
* The successful candidate will demonstrate the following attributes: Love of Customer Service, Self-motivated, Creative problem solving skills, Excellent verbal and written communication skills, An ability to give exceptional customer service when presented with challenging situations, A strong attention to detail, Well organized and able to manage responsibilities independently,
* Proficiency with Word, Excel, and experience with web-based software required. Previous experience with sophisticated information technology systems and arts administration is a plus,
* High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
Starting salary is $41,336. Benefits include dental and health insurance, employer-contributed 401K plan, TransitChek, tuition reimbursement, ticket allowance, vacation, sick and personal days, and a casual but hard-working, friendly and supportive office environment. (We also have a SodaStream machine and multiple ways of making coffee.)
POSTING DATE January 15, 2016. Deadline for submissions is January 29, 2016.
ABOUT FRACTURED ATLAS
Fractured Atlas is a nonprofit technology company that works with artists. We serve a nationwide community of over 400,000 artists and arts organizations, offering them a variety of programs and services that help artists strengthen the business side of their practice. We provide them with tools and assistance for raising money, managing risk, finding space, selling tickets, and tracking their fans. Founded in 1998, Fractured Atlas is headquartered in New York City.
Application Instructions / Public Contact Information
To be considered for the position, please email all of the items below in one PDF-formatted file with your name as the filename to Tim Cynova, Deputy Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Program Associate” as the email’s subject line.
(1) A substantive and original cover letter including your interest in the position and Fractured Atlas, the date you are available to start, and why we can’t live without you. (Please don’t send us a “Find & Replace” cover letter. It shows, and our eyes glaze over, which is not a good thing when we’re reading your letter.)
(2) A list of (3) professional references complete with phone number, email address, and explanation of the relationship. References will not be contacted without your prior consent.
(3) A résumé no longer than (2) pages outlining your educational and professional experience.
(4) The following writing prompt, no longer than (1) page: Please share with us what you consider to be the most creative experience you’ve ever been a part of.
Incomplete submissions — including those failing to follow directions (seriously people, we’re looking for flawless attention to detail) — will not be considered, nor will submissions sent via postal mail or fax. No calls please.
Prospective applicants are strongly encouraged to review our website at www.fracturedatlas.org prior to submitting materials for consideration.
The Boston Symphony Orchestra has a dynamic and challenging opportunity for an Assistant Artistic Administrator. In this key position, you...Apply For This Job
Jamel Gaines’ Creative Outlet Dance Theatre of Brooklyn is a world-renowned dance company dedicated to enriching our communities through artistic...Apply For This Job