The Chicago Humanities Festival Internship Program welcomes students and graduates to experience the creation and execution of public programs within a nonprofit cultural institution. This internship program will require a commitment of 14-21 hours a week for 3 to 9 months *, starting in June 2018. CHF internships are project-based and vary based on the program cycle and needs of the organization. While all intern projects involve inter-departmental collaboration, each intern project has a specific concentration as outlined below.
*Note, a 9 month internship is preferred, but a minimum commitment of 3 months is required.
Responsibilities will include:
• Creating presenter biographies for the web site
• Researching and creating web links for each Festival program
• Assisting in personalizing and sending CHF letters of agreement
• Communicating with out of town presenters regarding program logistics and technical requirements
• Assisting in preparation of individualized itineraries for Festival presenters, each outlining detailed program information
• Providing logistical support at fall festival and year round programs
• Maintaining and updating presenters’ database profiles
• Assisting with research for the Festival programs for the annual Fall Festival, Winter/Spring season, and Spring Festival
• Working closely with the program and production teams to produce selected CHF programs and venues.
• Working closely with other CHF seasonal hires including house managers, stage managers, audio and video producers, and other technical staff before and during the Festival.
• Other duties as assigned
Candidates should enjoy complex research projects, demonstrate dynamic writing abilities, show initiative, have extensive computer experience, and be able to work in a team environment. Microsoft Excel, Filemaker Pro, and Raiser’s Edge experience a plus.
How to apply:
Please submit the following by April 30, 2018: Application (available at http://chicagohumanities.org/about/internships), cover letter (including how you heard about the internship), resume, brief personal statement, and two references
Please limit your personal statement to 500 words.
Internship Program Email: email@example.com
Post: Internship Director, 500 N Dearborn, Suite 825, Chicago IL 60654
About the Chicago Humanities Festival
At Chicago Humanities Festival, we believe that humanity thrives when people gather, connect and open themselves to ideas that go beyond their individual experience. That’s why for almost 30 years, CHF has been curating live events that allow audiences to connect with thinkers-both established and emerging and see the world differently. Under the leadership of Executive Director Phillip Bahar and Marilyn Thoma Artistic Director Alison Cuddy, CHF is one of Chicago’s most vibrant civic institutions. Join us and celebrate the social life of ideas. Visit chicagohumanities.org for more information.
The Chicago Humanities Festival is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Jamel Gaines’ Creative Outlet Dance Theatre of Brooklyn is a world-renowned dance company dedicated to enriching our communities through artistic...Apply For This Job
This is a full-time position that provides managerial, administrative and clerical support to the Manager of Artists and Attractions. Essential...Apply For This Job
The Boston Symphony Orchestra has a dynamic and challenging opportunity for an Assistant Artistic Administrator. In this key position, you...Apply For This Job
Time period: May to August (flexible with academic year) The Theatre of Western Springs, a vibrant community theatre entering its...Apply For This Job