– This position reports to the Stage Manager and Assistant Stage Manager
WORKS CLOSELY WITH
– Stage Manager, Assistant Stage Manager, Production Mgmt, Directing Team, Cast
– 8-9 hour days (daytimes and evenings), six days a week with extended hours during tech. While a small number of conflicts may be allowable, it is highly unlikely that these internships will be compatible with a full-time job or a full class load.
– Unpaid; candidates must receive college/university credit; other benefits include EMC credit, complimentary tickets, and valuable experience and networking opportunities in the Chicago theatre community.
– Flexible start and end dates. Applicants are encouraged to express interest in multiple productions for which they are available, but applicants need not be available for all productions to express interest in one or more of the shows.
Million Dollar Quartet: August 7, 2017 – September 15, 2017
Elf The Musical: October 16, 2017 – November 24, 2017 (Thanksgiving Day off)
Cabaret: January 1, 2018 – February 9, 2018
Once: March 19, 2018 – April 27, 2018
– Interns will work throughout the pre-production and rehearsal processes alongside an Equity Stage Manager and Equity Assistant Stage Manager. The ideal candidate possesses keen attention to detail, strong interpersonal and communication skills, and a desire to refine and expand existing stage management skills.
– Responsibilities of the Stage Management Interns include but are not limited to partnering with Equity Stage Managers on tasks such as taping out the rehearsal hall, preparing and copying paperwork, rehearsal hall set-up and clean-up, taking line notes, being on-book, managing “creature comforts,” and executing the set, strike and tracking of properties during the rehearsal process.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
High School Diploma or GED (some college preferred) Current knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel Some Stage Management experience Must be able to receive college/university credit for internship
TO APPLY – Please email a cover letter, resume, and three references to Yesenia Esparza (Production Associate) at YeseniaE@paramountarts.com with subject line: SM Intern. Email submissions are preferred, but if you are unable to email materials, submissions can be mailed to Paramount Theatre, Yesenia Esparza, 8 E. Galena Blvd., Ste. 230, Aurora, IL 60506. Phone calls will not be accepted. ACCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment, and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability status, marital or familial status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ACCA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, veterans, and others who are eager to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
Security Attendants have the responsibility for ensuring that the experience of each renting client and theater patron is safe and pleasant,...Apply For This Job