Seattle Art Museum offers flexible scheduling. Due to varying demand, Visitor Services Officers are asked to work different hours every week. Weekend & evening availability are critical, & an important factor in filling these positions. Staff will at times be required to work on holidays.
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
REPORTS TO: Security Supervisor
1. Provide security for galleries, public spaces, meeting rooms, offices, storage areas,
traffic corridors, and physical plants. Regulate and control traffic through the
galleries; ensure the smooth operation of special events, previews, and receptions.
2. Be a customer service role model for other staff, volunteers and visitors while
helping to ensure their safety and enjoyment while visiting the museum. Observe
and assist visitors; correct or report problems as appropriate. Inform visitors of
rules, regulations, and proper conduct while in the museum.
3. Observe artwork for change of any kind; report problems to supervisor for
immediate notification to registrar; report any building conditions requiring
attention to maintenance.
4. Cooperate with Admissions, Membership and volunteers to learn and convey
Museum information to enhance visitor’s Museum experience.
5. Maintain knowledge of current policies, procedures, and security system operation
in order to correctly implement judgment and actions for protection of art, security
of park facilities, and the safety and protection of Museum staff and visitors.
6. Report emergencies as well as administer first aid and respond to calls for
7. Investigate situations and write reports detailing incidents.
8. Participate in training programs for emergency situations, including fire, theft, and
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. High School graduate or GED.
2. Demonstrated customer service skills.
3. Good interpersonal, written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate
effectively and project a professional image when giving and taking information in
writing, in person, and over the phone.
4. Ability to use independent judgment and discretion to make immediate decisions
related to enforcement of regulations.
5. Some exposure or experience monitoring various types of alarms as well as
providing building access security for areas with access limitations.
6. Ability to exercise excellent judgment by carrying out established policies and
procedures for security and safety of people, artwork and Museum facilities in a
complete, consistent and timely manner.
7. Flexibility, adaptability, and ability to change in a dynamically moving event-driven
8. Must have the ability to remain calm in stressful situations and help resolve
9. Ability to adhere to Museum policies and to support management decisions in a
positive, professional manner.
The Seattle Art Museum will consider reasonable accommodations for those applicants with disabilities who may need a
reasonable accommodation to perform the essential functions/duties. Please contact the Human Resources
Department for additional information.
Seattle Art Museum is committed to diversity and inclusion. Qualified individuals who bring diverse perspectives to the
workplace are especially encouraged to apply.
Time period: May to August (flexible with academic year) The Theatre of Western Springs, a vibrant community theatre entering its...Apply For This Job
How You Will Contribute The Philadelphia Museum of Art is currently seeking a Development Operations Assistant to directly support the...Apply For This Job